Are you looking for the perfect gift for someone who is always cold when it’s below 50? Or better yet, would you like to make a cold weather gift basket? Below are seven cold weather gift ideas to include for the person in your life who is always freezing! I am nearly always cold and I want you and your loved ones to stay warm.
- Wool Clothing: I’m not talking about just any wool clothing, I’m talking about high quality merino wool clothing. Socks, scarves, gloves, winter underwear/base layers and hats are all possibilities! Hats, gloves and socks are more reasonably priced between $20.00 and $40.00. My personal favorites are socks and the base layers made from this great material. If you are decked out in wool all over your body, you are sure to stay warm. I’ve written about merino wool here.
- Coffee and/or Tea Sampler: This may sound like an obvious choice, but depending on whether Tea or Coffee is preferred, there are many choices of samplers that can bring a splash variety and warmth to the mug of someone who is cold and likes hot drinks! I prefer tea and would love a sampler like this one by Mighty Leaf Tea.
- Portable Hot Water/Beverage Heater: As a companion to the above sampler of tea and coffee, you might consider a traveling beverage heater. There are many models that range from a very small metal coil that plugs into your car to small travel kettles.
- Down or Fleece Vest: You can’t underestimate the extra warmth delivered by a nice down or fleece vest that can be thrown on both indoors and outdoors. These vests can serve as an outer layer or and inner layer! Buy one from just about any store when it’s cold.
- Cayenne Pepper: This may seem like a crazy gift to suggest, but these spicy capsules will go a long way in keeping your loved one toasty from the inside out! Another benefit of this delightful spice is that it has properties that help ease the pain of digestive tract problems. I previously reviewed the Solaray brand, but there are other brands of capsules. You can also use the Cayenne pepper in your spice rack if you enjoy spicy foods.
- Microwavable Pillow: Pick up a spa pillow that heats up in the microwave in two short minutes! Wrap it around your neck and cuddle with a book! If you’d rather get outdoors, put it on underneath your jacket and feel some added warmth for a couple hours. I have been using Earth Therapeutics: Anti-Stress Microwavable Neck Pillows for years and get them from Kohl’s or Amazon.
- Personal Quartz Heater: For those of us who are truly warm weather devotees, a small heater is a must have. Personal warmth during a long day at the office or while paying bills at home, comes easily with a small heater. Keep the house cool and make one room extra warm with a small heater. At the office your coworkers will likely not feel the effects of your small heater. You’ll be cheerier and more productive if you are not tense from fighting a chill. You can find a variety of these at Target, Home Depot, Kohls, Amazon and many other specialty stores.
Please share your cold weather secrets with me. I want to stay warmer than ever this winter. –Madge
A basic hot water bottle is low tech and a wonderful gift for someone who doesn’t have one. They range from the perfectly acceptable Walmart variety to high end ones with fun comfy flannel covers – I think Vermont Country Store carries them. A classic.
Definitely a fabulous classic and reasonably priced method. I need to try one! Thanks for the tip.